Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A mix of warm Thai curry spices and creamy coconut milk creates a rich sauce to which we add cubes of mild tofu, sweet pepper, and earthy, tender choi sum. Served on a bed of pleasantly chewy red rice.
622 calories • 55g carbs • 32g fat • 26g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the red rice and add to a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, until cooked.
2. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces and slice the choi sum stalks thinly. Roughly chop the choi sum leaves. Finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Peel and grate the ginger. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks.
3. Drain and rinse the tofu and cut into 2cm cubes. Season the tofu with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
5. Then turn the heat down to medium and add the yellow Thai curry paste, ginger, coriander stalks and the spring onions to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, red pepper and choi sum stalks and simmer for 5 mins. Stir through the choi sum leaves and half of the coriander leaves and cook for a further 2 mins. Season the curry with sea salt to taste.
6. Drain the red rice and cut the lime into 4 wedges.
7. Spoon the red rice and yellow Thai tofu and choi sum curry into two warm bowls, top with the remaining coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person