Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
These fragrant chickpea burgers are flavoured with red Thai curry paste, a delicious blend of fresh lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime peel and chilli, alongside stir-fried pak choi and a homemade sweet chilli sauce.
499 calories • 88g carbs • 13g fat • 18g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, then drain.
2. Finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and finely slice the spring onions. Trim the pak choi and slice in half lengthways.
3. Drain the chickpeas, place in a bowl and mash with a potato masher (or the back of a fork) until all the chickpeas are crushed. Stir in the red Thai curry paste, chickpea flour and spring onions. Season with sea salt. Form the mix into 6 burgers.
4. To make a sweet chilli sauce; heat a small saucepan on a gentle heat and add the maple syrup, chopped red chilli and the juice from the lime. Simmer for 3-5 mins until the sauce begins to thicken to a syrupy consistency. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the chickpea burgers for 3 mins each side until turning golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
6. Heat the same frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the pak choi for 2 mins each side.
7. Place the chickpea burgers on two warm plates alongside the brown rice and pak choi. Drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person