Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Sticky teriyaki tofu slices are layered over a mix of crunchy carrot and brown rice noodles. Sweetstem broccoli adds vibrancy and texture. We finish it off with black sesame seeds and a hit of red chilli.
565 calories • 70g carbs • 19g fat • 29g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Trim the sweetstem broccoli and slice in half lengthways and widthways. Peel and thinly slice the carrot into long thin ribbons. Thinly slice the spring onion.
2. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Slice the tofu into 1cm thick slices. Spread out onto a plate and sprinkle over 2/3 of the cornflour until evenly coated on each side, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu for 15 mins, turning occasionally, until turning golden.
3. Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a large saucepan until 3/4 full, bring to the boil and plunge the brown rice noodles into the pan. Remove from the heat and leave to soften for 10 mins, then drain and rinse. Set aside.
4. To make the teriyaki sauce; peel and grate the ginger and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). In a small bowl, mix the remaining cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water. To this bowl, add the tamari, ginger, maple syrup, half of the chilli, half of the juice from the lime, half of the sesame oil and 1 tbsp cold water.
5. Heat a separate frying pan with the remaining sesame oil on a medium-high heat and cook the sweetstem for 3-4 mins until softening, turn down the heat and add the carrots and spring onions to the pan for a minute, then stir through the brown rice noodles and only half of the teriyaki sauce, cook for a minute until heated through.
6. Add the remaining teriyaki sauce to the tofu pan and cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle over the black sesame seeds.
7. Spoon the veggie noodles into two warm bowls and top with the tofu slices. Sprinkle over the remaining chill and the remaining juice from the lime.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person