Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Sweet potato and black beluga lentil burgers are topped with creamy avocado and served on portobello mushrooms.
550 calories • 75g carbs • 20g fat • 17g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 10 mins until softened.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic and remove the stalks from the portobello mushrooms. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray and sprinkle over the garlic, a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins.
4. Finely slice the spring onions. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
5. Drain and mash the sweet potato. Drain the black beluga lentils and mix with the sweet potato, the spring onion, smoked paprika and only half of the coconut flour. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers and dust in the remaining coconut flour.
6. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the sweet potato and lentil burgers for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown.
7. To serve, place the sweet potato and lentil burgers on the mushrooms on two warm plates. Serve alongside the rocket and avocado slices and drizzle over the juice from the lemon.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person