Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Sundried tomatoes give our Mediterranean-style lentils a deliciously rich flavour, alongside fresh parsley and a delicious millet.
488 calories • 64g carbs • 17g fat • 21g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Finely slice the rainbow chard.
2. Heat a dry saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
3. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 100ml boiling water. Drain and rinse the lentils.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the garlic for 1 min. Then add the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes for 3 mins. Add the passata, vegetable stock, lentils and rainbow chard and leave to simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Season with black pepper.
5. To make the parsley oil; finely chop the parsley and add to a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, mix well.
6. Drain the millet and season with a pinch of sea salt. Then fluff up the millet with a fork. Stir through the parsley oil.
7. To serve, place the parsley millet on two warm plates, spoon over the sundried tomato and mushroom lentils.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person