Soft baked aubergines are stuffed with dried apricot and chickpea spiced rice and drizzled with tahini, a paste made from toasted sesame seeds. Sesame contains high levels of zinc, which helps to produce collagen for skin strength and elasticity.
638 calories • 107g carbs • 19g fat • 22g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
2. Cut the aubergines in half lengthways. Lay the aubergine flesh side up on a baking tray and slice diagonally 1 cm deep into the aubergine in a crisscross pattern. Drizzle over 1 tsp oil on each half and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until softened.
3. Thinly slice the red onion, cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Roughly chop the apricots. Drain the chickpeas.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, then stir in the Middle Eastern spice mix and chickpeas and cook for another 3 mins. Add the apricots and cherry tomatoes for 2 mins.
5. Remove the aubergine from the oven, spoon out most of the flesh and roughly chop. Stir the chopped aubergine into the pan with the chickpeas. Once the rice is cooked, drain and add to the chickpeas. Stir well to combine.
6. Stuff the aubergine with the rice and chickpea mix.
7. Place the rocket on two warm plates and top with the stuffed aubergines. Drizzle over the tahini and squeeze over the juice from the half lemon.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person