Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Sesame-coated crispy tofu mingles with juicy chunks of mango and crisp sugar snap peas in a sweet and sour ginger dressing. Garnished with spring onion and spooned over brown rice. Simple and addictive.
549 calories • 71g carbs • 20g fat • 26g protein
1. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the tofu into 1 cm cubes.
2. Heat a medium-sized pan with half of the sesame oil on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu until golden brown, turning occasionally for 10 mins. Then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and the black sesame seeds and turn off the heat.
3. Meanwhile, trim the sugar snaps and slice in half lengthways, thinly slice the spring onions. Heat a medium-sized frying pan or wok on a medium-high heat and add the spring onions and sugar snaps, cook for 2 mins, then stir in the brown rice with 1 tbsp cold water and cook for a further 5 mins until heated through.
4. To make the spicy ginger dressing; peel and finely grate the ginger and finely chop the chilli. In a small bowl, mix together the ginger, half of the chilli, half of the juice from the lime, remaining sesame oil, all of the tamari and the maple syrup.
5. Peel and de-stone the mango and cut into 1cm cubes. Stir half of the dressing and the mango cubes through the rice.
6. Spoon the mango rice into two warm bowls and top with the sesame tofu. Sprinkle over the remaining red chilli and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Serve with the remaining half lime, cut into wedges.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person