A warming Scandinavian-inspired dish of roasted beetroot, crunchy radishes and black beluga lentils, drizzled with a coconut yoghurt and dill sauce. Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and folic acid
651 calories • 87g carbs • 25g fat • 23g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Trim the ends of the beetroot. Leaving the skin on, cut the beetroot and potatoes into small 1 cm cubes and place on baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beluga lentils and finely chop or crush the garlic and finely chop the dill. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic for 1 minute, then add the lentils for a further 5 mins and season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir through half of the chopped dill and leave to cool slightly for 5 mins.
4. Peel and de-stone the avocado and roughly chop. Thinly slice the radishes. Mix the lentils with the mixed leaves, roasted beetroot and potatoes, avocado and radish slices.
5. To make a sauce; in a small bowl, mix the coconut yoghurt with the remaining dill and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Spoon the Scandi-style lentils on two warm plates and drizzle over the coconut yoghurt and dill sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person