Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We’ve replaced rice with buckwheat in our roasted squash and crispy sage risotto, with added tahini for a creamy rich flavour, sprinkled with crunchy pumpkin seeds.
526 calories • 78g carbs • 18g fat • 18g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Peel and chop the squash into 1cm cubes. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt to taste. Place in the oven for 15 mins until softened. Remove the squash from the baking tray. Rub the sage leaves with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and place on the baking tray in the oven for 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop or crush the garlic and dice the red onion. Finely slice the mushrooms.
4. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in a jug with 300ml boiling water. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 mins. Rinse the buckwheat and add to the pan, stir for 1 min and then add the vegetable stock.
5. Simmer for 15 mins, then stir through the spinach for 1 minute until wilting. Then add the tahini, nutritional yeast, pumpkin seeds and roasted squash and cook for a further 2 mins until the water has all been absorbed. Add more boiling water if needed.
6. Spoon the roasted squash risotto into two warm bowls and sprinkle over the crispy sage leaves.
Chef's tip: Nutritional yeast is inactive yeast, which adds a delicious cheese flavour to vegan dishes.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person