Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Moroccan preserved lemons are full of umami and pair perfectly with mellow chickpeas. Add some tender aubergine, tart green olives and lots of fresh herbs and spices and you’re in for an irresistible plant-based plate.
510 calories • 75g carbs • 19g fat • 21g protein
1. Boil a kettle.
2. Slice the preserved lemons into small pieces. Thinly slice the onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Trim the green beans and slice in half widthways. Cut the aubergine into 2 cm pieces.
3. Rinse the quinoa and place into a saucepan with 300ml boiling water. Simmer for 15 mins.
4. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, then add the aubergine for a further 5 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and ras el hanout for 1 minute. Then add the chickpeas, green beans, vegetable stock, green olives and preserved lemons (add these to taste). Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened.
6. Drain the quinoa and fluff with a fork. Finely chop the parsley and roughly chop the pistachios. Stir the parsley and pistachios through the cooked quinoa and season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. Spoon the parsley quinoa into two warm bowls alongside the preserved lemon, olive and chickpea tagine.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person