Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This fragrant chickpea tagine is packed with aubergine and green beans and infused with green olives and tangy preserved lemons.
458 calories • 76g carbs • 13g fat • 18g protein
1. Boil a kettle.
2. Slice the preserved lemons into quarters. Thinly slice the onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Trim the green beans and slice in half widthways. Cut the aubergine into 2 cm pieces.
3. Heat a dry saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
4. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan on a medium heat with 1 tbsp oil and cook the onion for 5 mins, then add the aubergine for a further 5 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and ras el hanout for 1 minute. Then add the chickpeas, green beans, vegetable stock, green olives and preserved lemons. Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened.
6. Drain the millet and fluff with a fork. Finely chop the parsley and stir through the cooked millet and season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. Spoon the parsley millet into two warm bowls alongside the preserved lemon, olive and chickpea tagine.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person