A beautiful dish of roasted squash and baked za'atar spiced chickpeas, studded with pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and torn mint. Drizzled with a maple and protein-rich tahini drizzle, high in calcium for strong bones.
583 calories • 97g carbs • 19g fat • 20g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Slice the squash into quarters, removing the seeds. Leaving the skin on, slice the squash into 1cm thick slices. Place the squash onto a baking tray, toss with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 25 mins, turning halfway through, until turning golden and softened.
3. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Slice the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds.
4. Drain the chickpeas. Place in a bowl with the za'atar, a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp oil. Spread the chickpeas out on one side of a baking tray. Add the tenderstem broccoli to the other side of the tray and drizzle of 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
5. To make a maple tahini dressing; in a small bowl, mix the tahini with the maple syrup, a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste) and 2-3 tsp cold water to form a smooth sauce.
6. Remove the mint leaves from the stalks and roughly tear the leaves. Roughly chop the pistachios.
7. Arrange the roasted squash, spiced chickpeas and broccoli on two warm plates and scatter over the pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and torn mint. Drizzle over the maple tahini dressing.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person