Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Tofu marinated in citrusy lemongrass on a bed of brown rice noodles and stir-fried pak choi, served with toasted peanuts and fresh mint, dressed in a sweet, tangy matcha sauce..
621 calories • 66g carbs • 29g fat • 30g protein
Peanuts, Sesame, Soya
1. Drain and rinse the tofu. Pat dry with paper towel and cut into 2cm pieces.
2. To make the lemongrass marinade: trim the lemongrass, discard the outer layer and finely chop. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Place in a small bowl with the tamari, the maple syrup, half of the juice from the lime, 1 tbsp sesame oil and sprinkle in the matcha. Place the tofu in a bowl with half of this sauce, leave to marinate.
3. Boil a kettle. Pour boiling water into a large saucepan until 3/4 full, bring to the boil and plunge the brown rice noodles into the pan. Remove from heat and leave to soften for 10 mins, then drain and rinse.
4. Thinly slice the onion. Trim the pak choi to separate the leaves. Using a peeler, make long thin ribbons from the carrots.
5. Heat the same pan with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil on a medium heat and cook the tofu for 10 mins, turning occasionally until turning golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add ½ tbsp sesame oil to the same pan on a medium-high heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, then add the carrot and pak choi for 2 mins.
6. Roughly chop the mint and toss through the noodles with the remaining sauce.
7. Spoon the noodles into two warm bowls and top with the lemongrass tofu, pak choi, carrot and red onion. Sprinkle over the toasted peanuts and squeeze over the juice from the remaining lime.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person