Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We use Italian tomatoes as a base for this yummy sauce, then add layers of flavour with black olives, basil and garlic. Served with chestnut mushrooms, courgettes and spinach on a seasoned butter bean mash.
421 calories • 42g carbs • 22g fat • 17g protein
1. Finely dice the onion and finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the courgette into half moons and finely slice the chestnut mushrooms. Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes.
2. In a medium-sized pan heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the onion and half of the garlic for 3 mins, then add the courgette and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins.
3. Add the passata, sundried tomatoes, olives and dried basil to the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Then stir in the spinach and cook for another 2 mins.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle and drain the butter beans.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add the remaining garlic and fry for 2 mins. Then add the butter beans with 100ml boiling water and cook on a low heat for 5 mins until the beans have softened.
6. Mash the butter beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add a little more boiling water to this if needed to make a smooth mash.
7. To serve, spoon the butter bean mash onto two warm plates. Top with the sundried tomato and olive ragu.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person