Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
These speedy baked lentil balls make a great partner to a zingy sweetcorn and tomato salsa and roasted vegetable rice. Lentils add a deep earthy flavour, perfect in this dish.
560 calories • 77g carbs • 19g fat • 21g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
2. Roughly chop the the onion and red pepper into bite-sized pieces. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 2 tbsp cold water.
3. To make the harissa lentil balls; drain and rinse the lentils, place in a bowl, mash with the back of a fork or a potato masher. Mix with the soaked chia seeds, chickpea flour, ground coriander and harissa paste. Season with sea salt and black pepper and form into 12 small balls.
4. Place the lentil balls on one side of a baking tray and place the red pepper and onion alongside, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins until the lentil balls are turning golden.
5. To make a sweetcorn salsa; finely chop the cherry tomatoes and drain the sweetcorn. Mix the sweetcorn with the chopped tomatoes and the juice from the lime.
6. Stir the sundried tomato paste, roasted onion and red pepper into the cooked rice and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Serve the lentil balls alongside the roasted vegetable rice and the sweetcorn salsa.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person