These speedy baked lentil balls make a great partner to zingy sweetcorn, tomato and coriander salsa and harissa spiced rice. Lentils are a great protein source, packed with fibre and a deep earthy flavour, perfect in this dish.
562 calories • 77g carbs • 19g fat • 21g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
2. Roughly chop the the onion and red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the coriander. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 2 tbsp cold water.
3. To make the harissa lentil balls; drain and rinse the lentils, place in a bowl, mash with the back of a fork or a potato masher. Mix with the soaked chia seeds, chickpea flour, ground coriander, harissa paste and half of the chopped coriander. Season with sea salt and black pepper and form into 12 small balls.
4. Place the lentil balls on one side of a baking tray and place the red pepper and onion alongside, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins until the lentil balls are turning golden.
5. To make a sweetcorn salsa; finely chop the cherry tomatoes and drain the sweetcorn. Mix the sweetcorn with the chopped tomatoes, remaining coriander and the juice from the lime.
6. Stir the sundried tomato paste, roasted onion and red pepper into the cooked rice and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Serve the lentil balls alongside the harissa rice and the sweetcorn salsa.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person