A comforting rosti made from grated apple, red onion and celeriac and topped with creamy avocado and a herby dressing. Celeriac can help to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol and is high in phosphorus which benefits the nervous system.
624 calories • 83g carbs • 28g fat • 22g protein
Celery, Mustard, Sulphites
1. Slice or peel the skin off the celeriac and cut into quarters. Remove the skin off the onion and cut in half. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core but leave the skin on.
2. To make the herb dressing; finely chop the parsley and dill leaves. In a bowl, mix the chopped herbs with 1/4 tbsp olive oil and the red wine vinegar.
3. Grate the celeriac, red onion and apple and place into a sieve. Squeeze out any excess liquid. Heat a large frying pan with 1/4 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the celeriac, onion and apple mix for 2 mins until softened.
4. Drain the chickpeas and crush with a potato masher. Place in the bowl with the celeriac mix. Mix together the chickpea flour, wholegrain mustard, half of the herb dressing and season.
5. Form half the mix into a round shape on a large plate, 2cm thick, to make the rosti. Heat the same frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Slide the rosti into the pan carefully to keep its shape. Cook for 3 mins until turning golden. Carefully place a large plate on top of the frying pan and flip so the rosti falls on the plate. Then slide the rosti back into the pan and cook for a further 3 mins on the other side. Carefully remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining mix.
6. Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
7. Place the giant rostis on two warm plates, top with the avocado slices, drizzle over the remaining herb dressing and sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person