Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Traditionally made with beef and sour cream, we recreate this Russian stew with mushrooms, rich butter beans, and smoked paprika, a 'meaty' spice. Coconut and mustard add a dash of dairy-free creaminess.
587 calories • 73g carbs • 25g fat • 19g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, until cooked.
2. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Finely chop or crush the garlic and thinly slice the mushrooms. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the parsley stalks and leaves, keeping separate.
3. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic, parsley stalks and mushrooms for 3 mins, then add the red pepper and smoked paprika for a further 3 mins.
4. Drain the butter beans. Add the beans, creamed coconut and mustard to the pan and stir well. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 mins to thicken the sauce. Stir in the spinach, half of the parsley leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste), cook for a further 2 mins and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Drain the black rice.
6. To serve, place the black rice onto two warm plates and spoon over the coconut, butter bean and mushroom stroganoff. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley leaves.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person