Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Traditionally made with beef and sour cream, we recreate this Russian stew with mushrooms, rich butter beans, and smoked paprika, a 'meaty' spice. Coconut and mustard add a dash of dairy-free creaminess.
562 calories • 77g carbs • 21g fat • 19g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, until cooked.
2. Finely slice the onion and chop or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the parsley stalks and leaves, keeping separate.
3. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the onion for 3 mins, then add the garlic, parsley stalks and mushrooms for 3 mins. Stir in the smoked paprika and red pepper.
4. Drain the butter beans. Add the butter beans, 100ml boiling water, coconut yoghurt and mustard to the pan and stir well. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 mins to thicken the sauce. Stir in the spinach, half of the parsley leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste), cook for a further 2 mins and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Drain the black rice.
6. To serve, place the black rice onto two warm plates and spoon over the coconut, butter bean and mushroom stroganoff. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley leaves.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person