Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Lots of bold tones in this hearty dish. Earthy lentils and fragrant chermoula are the base for soft aubergine strips baked in a black garlic rub. Accompanied by Romano red pepper, rocket, crunchy cashews and a lemony tahini drizzle.
514 calories • 43g carbs • 30g fat • 20g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Cut the onion and romano red pepper into small bite-sized pieces. Slice the aubergine horizontally into 3 pieces. Slice again into long 1-2cm wide wedges. Place the black garlic cloves into a small bowl, add 1/2 tbsp oil and mash with a fork until a thick paste forms. Spread evenly over the aubergine wedges to form a thin coating (you may have to do this with your hands!).
3. Place the black garlic coated aubergine, onion and red pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20 mins until turning golden, turning halfway through.
4. Drain the lentils and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Heat a pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the lentils, cherry tomatoes, parsley and the chermoula, and cook for 5 mins. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
5. Place the rocket in a large bowl and add the chermoula lentils, onion and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix the tahini paste with a squeeze of lemon juice and 2 tsp cold water, to form a smooth sauce.
6. Spoon the lentil and vegetable mix onto two warm plates, top with the black garlic aubergine wedges and sprinkle over the cashew nuts. Drizzle over the tahini sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person