Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Rich, soft and sticky black garlic and aged balsamic aubergine steaks with crispy thin parsnip fries tossed in truffle oil, alongside a sprouted lentil salad with tangy pickled onions.
598 calories • 66g carbs • 30g fat • 14g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7.
2. Slice the aubergine into 1 cm thick rounds (you should have at least 10 slices). Make a paste with the black garlic by mashing with a spoon and mix with the aged balsamic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Rub the aubergine with the black garlic marinade. Place on a lined baking tray with baking parchment, cook for 25 mins until softened.
3. Meanwhile, peel and cut the parsnips into very thin fries, toss with 1 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through, until turning crispy.
4. Thinly slice the half red onion into thin rounds and place in a bowl with half of the apple cider vinegar and a pinch of sea salt. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and finely chop the parsley leaves. Peel and de-stone the avocado and roughly chop.
5. To make a dressing; in a separate bowl, mix the Dijon mustard with 1 tsp olive oil, the remaining apple cider vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
6. Once the parsnip fries are cooked, place in a bowl and toss with the truffle oil, the parsley and a sprinkle of sea salt.
7. Serve the aubergine steaks alongside the truffle parsnip fries. Place the rocket alongside and sprinkle over the sprouted lentils, cherry tomatoes, avocado and the pickled red onion. Drizzle over the dressing.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person