Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Delicious pan-fried tofu in a sticky sweet sauce made with fresh lime juice, tamari, maple syrup, fresh red chilli and zingy ginger, topped with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
492 calories • 55g carbs • 19g fat • 27g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice, place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and season with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and peel and finely chop the ginger. Slice the red pepper thinly and chop the root end off the pak choi to separate the leaves.
3. Drain and rinse the tofu and cut into 2cm cubes. Pat dry with paper towel.
4. To make the sauce: mix the chopped ginger and chilli with the tamari, maple syrup and the juice from the lime.
5. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the tofu for 5 mins. Stir half of the sauce in with the tofu and cook for a further 3 mins. Then add the sliced red pepper, pak choi and the remaining sauce and cook for 5 mins. Stir through the sesame seeds.
6. Drain the brown rice.
7. To serve, place the brown rice in two warm bowls and spoon over the Asian tofu, red pepper and pak choi.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person