These lemon infused pork meatballs are topped with Italian gremolata, made with fresh parsley, hazelnuts and garlic, and sit on a bed of parsnip ribbons for an immunity boosting dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Finely chop or crush the garlic and roughly chop the parsley. Cut the aubergine into 2cm cubes. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
2. In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, half the garlic, half the lemon juice and half the parsley. Form the mix into 12 meatballs.
3. Place the pork meatballs on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Peel the parsnip, and using a peeler make long thin strips and place on a baking tray. Toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until beginning to crisp around the edges.
5. Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the aubergine for 5 mins, then add the passata and spinach and simmer for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. To make the hazelnut gremolata; in a bowl mix together the remaining garlic, lemon juice, parsley and the chopped hazelnuts. Season to taste.
7. To serve, place the parsnip ribbons on two warm plates, spoon over the aubergine, tomatoes and spinach and top with the pork meatballs. Drizzle over the hazelnut gremolata.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person