We've paired seasonal sweet apricots together with succulent pork for a delicious fruity summer kebab, loaded with Vitamin C. We've sprinkled over nutrient-rich pistachios and served chargrilled broccoli alongside.
615 calories • 44g carbs • 25g fat • 45g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Slice the apricots into quarters and de-stone. Trim the broccoli stalks. Remove the skin from the red onion, trim the root end but don't cut off as you want the layers to stay intact when you grill them. Cut the red onion into quarters. Rub the vegetables with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
3. Remove the fat from the pork. Slice each pork loin into 8 pieces. Thread 4 pieces of pork and 4 apricot quarters onto each of the skewers. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Preheat the BBQ (or griddle pan) to a medium-high heat and cook the pork and apricot skewers for 15 mins turning every 3-4 mins, until the pork is cooked through.
5. At the same time, add the onion quarters and broccoli stalks to the BBQ (or griddle pan) for 3-4 mins until softening and chargrilled.
6. Drain the quinoa and stir through the dried oregano, pistachios and half of the lemon juice.
7. Spoon the quinoa onto two warm plates and serve alongside the chargrilled onions and broccoli. Top with the pork and apricot kebabs and drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person