Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Pork and apricot are a winning pairing and we've combined them here for a fruity summer kebab. Our heritage pork is outdoor reared for a lean, complex flavour. Served with pistachio quinoa.
615 calories • 43g carbs • 25g fat • 46g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Slice the apricots into quarters and de-stone. Trim the broccoli stalks. Remove the skin from the red onion, trim the root end but don't cut off as you want the layers to stay intact when you grill them. Cut the red onion into quarters. Rub the vegetables with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
3. Remove the fat from the pork. Slice each pork loin into 8 pieces. Thread 4 pieces of pork and 4 apricot quarters onto each of the skewers. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Preheat a BBQ (or griddle pan) to a medium-high heat and cook the pork and apricot skewers for 15 mins turning every 3-4 mins, until the pork is cooked through.
5. At the same time, add the onion quarters and broccoli stalks to the BBQ (or griddle pan) for 3-4 mins until softening and chargrilled. Meanwhile chop the parsley and mint finely.
6. Drain the quinoa and stir through the chopped mint and parsley, pistachios and half of the lemon juice.
7. Spoon the quinoa onto two warm plates and serve alongside the chargrilled onions and broccoli. Top with the pork and apricot kebabs and drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person