Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Aromatic, creamy and comforting; this Thai inspired yellow curry heroes our sustainably-sourced, line-caught coley. Firm, with a delicate flavour, we use Marine Conservation Society approved fillets and serve on a bed of nutty black rice.
598 calories • 56g carbs • 26g fat • 35g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked.
2. Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic and ginger. Thinly slice the onion and cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Trim the mangetout. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Cut the coley into bite-sized chunks.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the yellow Thai curry paste for 1 minute, then add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 7 mins. Then add the red pepper, the mangetout and stir to coat in the paste. Then add the coconut milk, season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 5 mins. Add more boiling water if required.
4. Add the coley to the pan and cook for a further 5-7 mins with the lid on, until the fish is cooked through. Then stir through half of the coriander leaves.
5. Drain the black rice.
6. Serve the Thai yellow fish curry in two warm bowls alongside the black rice and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person