Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
An easy midweek dish, this sustainably-sourced cod is baked with lemon zest before being served Spanish-style: on a warming chickpea stew instead of rice. The perfect balance between fresh and hearty.
521 calories • 49g carbs • 24g fat • 41g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
2. Zest the lemon. Place each cod fillet on a piece of foil or parchment paper. Drizzle the cod fillet with half of the juice from the lemon and 1 tbsp oil, sprinkle over the lemon zest and season with sea salt and black pepper. Wrap up into parcels and place on a baking tray in the oven for 12-15 mins until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas. Roughly chop or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the yellow pepper and the roasted red pepper. Roughly chop the parsley.
4. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic and the yellow pepper for 3 mins.
5. Then add the chickpeas, roasted red pepper, smoked paprika, sundried tomato paste, half of the chopped parsley and 2 tbsp water to the pan and cook for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Place the mixed leaves on two plates, spoon the roasted pepper and chickpea mix over and top with the cod. Sprinkle over the remaining chopped parsley and red chilli flakes (to taste). Serve with the remaining half lemon, cut into wedges.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person