Smoked salmon slices are layered over golden brown celeriac and apple rostis and topped with a poached egg and a herby dressing. Celeriac has a subtle celery flavour and is packed with Vitamin K for strong bones.
599 calories • 54g carbs • 30g fat • 38g protein
Celery, Eggs, Fish, Mustard
1. Slice or peel the skin off the celeriac and cut into quarters. Peel the onion and cut in half. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core but leave the skin on. Finely chop the dill leaves, removing the stalks.
2. Grate the celeriac, red onion and apple and place in a sieve. Squeeze out any excess liquid.
3. Heat a large frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the celeriac, onion and apple mix for 2 mins until softened slightly. Transfer this mix into a bowl, and stir in the flour, mustard, half of the juice from the lemon and half of the dill. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 6 rostis, 1 cm thick.
4. Heat the same frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil and fry the rostis for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. To poach the eggs; pour the boiling water into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
6. To make a dill dressing; in a bowl, mix together the remaining dill, remaining lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp oil.
7. Serve the rostis on two warm plates and top with slices of the smoked salmon followed by the poached eggs. Drizzle with the dill dressing and serve alongside the watercress, spinach and rocket salad.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person