Salmon fillets are coated in black and white sesame seeds which contain vitamin E for healthy skin, while the salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids for healthy brain function.
600 calories • 67g carbs • 19g fat • 41g protein
Fish, Sesame, Soya
1. Thinly slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). To make the vegetable noodles; peel the carrots and trim the ends of the carrots and the half cucumber. Using a peeler, thinly slice the carrots and cucumber into long thin ribbons.
2. Mix the black and white sesame seeds together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt. Coat the salmon fillets in this mix and press into the salmon so the sesame seeds form a single layer over the salmon on all sides.
3. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the salmon fillets for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through and turning golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the buckwheat noodles with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
5. To make the dressing; mix the juice from the lime with the sweet miso paste and the honey.
6. In a large bowl, mix the vegetable noodles and the buckwheat noodles with the dressing.
7. Place the buckwheat noodles, cucumber and carrot in two bowls and top with the sesame crusted salmon and the sliced chilli.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person