This crispy salmon is coated in black and white sesame seeds which contain vitamin E for healthy skin, while the salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids for healthy brain function.
601 calories • 67g carbs • 19g fat • 42g protein
Fish, Sesame, Soya
1. Roughly chop the coriander and thinly slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). To make the vegetable noodles; peel the carrots and trim the ends of the carrots and cucumber. Using a peeler, thinly slice the carrots and cucumber into long thin strips.
2. Mix the black and white sesame seeds together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt. Coat the salmon fillets in this mix and press into the salmon so the sesame seeds form a single layer over the salmon on all sides.
3. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the salmon fillets for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through and turning golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the buckwheat noodles with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
5. To make the dressing; mix the juice from the lime with the sweet miso paste and the honey.
6. In a large bowl, place the vegetable noodles and the buckwheat noodles with the dressing and chopped coriander. Stir well to combine.
7. Place the buckwheat noodles, cucumber and carrot in two bowls and top with the sesame crusted salmon and the sliced chilli.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person