Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
These delicate salmon fillets are served with tender, farm-fresh asparagus over quinoa with a poached free-range egg. A light sprinkling of Cornish seaweed adds a complex, marine taste we can’t get enough of.
497 calories • 34g carbs • 25g fat • 43g protein
Celery, Eggs, Fish
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
2. Dissolve the half stock cube in a jug with 400ml boiling water. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with the stock and simmer for 15 mins. Add the spinach to the pan for the last 2 mins of cooking.
3. Thinly slice half of the lemon and cut the slices in half. Trim the asparagus.
4. Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, layer over the lemon slices, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1 tsp oil on each fillet. Place the asparagus alongside, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with black pepper. Place the baking tray in the oven for 12-15 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
5. Heat a separate saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
6. Drain the spinach quinoa and stir through the juice from the remaining half lemon.
7. Spoon the spinach quinoa onto two warm plates and place the salmon on top, sprinkle over the crispy seaweed salad. Serve alongside the asparagus, topped with the poached egg and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person