Pan-fried delicate plaice served on a pea and mint potato crush and drizzled with salsa verde. Potatoes help to detoxify and balance excess acidity in the body, as well as encouraging healthy blood circulation.
481 calories • 46g carbs • 20g fat • 31g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Roughly chop the spring onions and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Remove the peas from their pods and cut the baby potatoes into quarters.
2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water and boil for 15-20 mins until softened. In the last 2 mins of cooking, add in the fresh peas to the boiling water with the potatoes, then drain and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, make the salsa verde; finely chop the parsley leaves, mint leaves and roughly chop the capers. Place in a bowl with the juice from the lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
4. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the spring onions and tomatoes for 3 mins until softening. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Season the plaice with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in the same frying pan on a medium heat and cook the plaice skin side down for 2-3 mins, then repeat on the other side until cooked through.
6. Lightly crush the potatoes and peas with a fork. Stir through half of the salsa verde.
7. Spoon the crushed potatoes onto two warm plates and top with the plaice. Serve alongside the tomatoes. Drizzle over the remaining salsa verde.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person