Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A lightly spiced hot smoked salmon fillet on a bed of brown rice, chickpeas and juicy pomegranate seeds, drizzled in a tangy coconut yoghurt sauce with North African spice, ras el hanout.
656 calories • 75g carbs • 26g fat • 38g protein
Celery, Fish, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
2. Drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the dukkah and 1 tsp oil. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds. Finely chop the parsley leaves.
4. In a bowl, mix half of the ras el hanout with the coconut yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Rub the remaining ras el hanout over the hot smoked salmon fillets. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and place the salmon in the pan with the cherry tomatoes. Cook the salmon for 3 mins each side until turning golden and heated through, and the tomatoes have softened.
6. In a large bowl, mix the rocket with the roasted chickpeas, brown rice, pomegranate and parsley.
7. Spoon the chickpea rice mix onto two warm plates and top with the salmon and tomatoes. Drizzle over the coconut yoghurt sauce and the remaining lemon juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person