Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A creamy hot smoked salmon fish pie, topped with a light carrot mash and packed with tender green beans and sautéed leeks in a coconut mustard sauce with a squeeze of lemon juice.
577 calories • 36g carbs • 35g fat • 30g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Peel and chop the carrots into 1cm rounds. Trim the green beans and thinly slice the leek, removing the root end. Roughly chop the parsley.
2. Place the carrot in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer with a pinch of sea salt for 20 mins until soft. In the last 5 mins, add the green beans. Drain the vegetables, remove the green beans and keep warm, and mash the carrot with a potato masher (or with a fork).
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the leek for 5 mins.
4. Pour 1 tbsp of the coconut milk in a bowl and mix in the cornflour to form a smooth paste. Add the remaining coconut milk to the leek pan with the cornflour mix and the mustard and simmer gently for 10 mins until the sauce thickens.
5. Preheat the grill to high. Break the hot smoked salmon into pieces and stir into the coconut sauce with the spinach and half of the parsley and cook for 2 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Place the coconut fish pie mix into an ovenproof dish and spoon over the carrot mash. Place under the grill for 5 mins.
7. Serve the coconut fish pie alongside the green beans, and scatter over the remaining parsley.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person