Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A firm family favourite, our delicious red quinoa kedgeree is packed with tender broccoli, spiced with garam masala and topped with flakes of hot smoked salmon and egg quarters.
557 calories • 46g carbs • 24g fat • 44g protein
Celery, Eggs, Fish
1. Finely chop the garlic and finely dice the onion. Thinly slice the red pepper. Trim the broccoli and cut in half lengthways and into 3cm pieces.
2. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the red pepper and broccoli for 3 mins. Remove and set aside. Heat the same pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, then add the garlic and onion and cook for 3 mins.
3. Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and add to the onion pan with the garam masala. Stir for 2 mins, making sure the grains are coated with oil.
4. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 400ml boiling water. Add the stock to the pan and simmer on a gentle heat. It should take 15 mins for the quinoa to cook and the stock to be fully absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with boiling water, place the eggs into the water and simmer for 6-8 mins. Once the eggs are cooked run under cold water for 1 min and peel. Cut into quarters.
6. Break up the hot smoked salmon into bite-sized pieces and add to the quinoa pan along with the red pepper, broccoli and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cook for 3 mins until the salmon is heated through.
7. Spoon the hot smoked salmon kedgeree into two warm bowls and top with the egg quarters.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person