Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Coconut black rice infused with ginger, garlic and chilli contrasts with delicate white haddock and a selection of crisp Asian vegetables. As always, our fish is responsibly sourced. The perfect meal for date night?
640 calories • 61g carbs • 26g fat • 39g protein
Fish, Sesame, Soya
1.Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
3. Place the fish on a baking tray lined with parchment. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 15 mins or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop (or grate) the ginger and garlic. Finely chop the chilli and coriander. Slice the sugar snap peas in half lengthways. Roughly chop the baby corn and broccoli into bitesized pieces.
5. In a large frying pan on a medium heat add 1/2 tsp of oil. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli (as much chilli as desired). Cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli, baby corn, sugar snaps, tamari, half of the coriander and the juice from half of the lime. Cook for a further 5 minutes until veg is cooked but still slightly crunchy. Stir in the coconut milk.
6. Add the drained rice to the pan. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until hot. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
7. To serve spoon the coconut rice and vegetables onto two warm plates. Place the fish on top. Garnish with the remaining lime juice, coriander and sesame seeds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person