Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Blink and you'll miss wild garlic season: this spring delicacy is gone by May. Delicate and versatile, it is divine in fresh pesto which we spread over free-range Cumbrian chicken. Served with broccoli and carrot mash.
527 calories • 37g carbs • 24g fat • 49g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Carefully make a cut in the thickest part of each chicken breast to make a pocket and stuff with the sundried tomatoes. To make the wild garlic pesto; finely chop the wild garlic and half of the pine nuts. Place in a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp olive oil, and the juice from the half lemon. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Place the chicken breasts into an ovenproof dish, and cover with a layer of the wild garlic pesto. Place in the oven for 25 mins or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the carrot into 1cm pieces and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 20 mins until soft.
5. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and place on a baking tray with the remaining pine nuts, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and place in the oven for 10 mins.
6. Drain the carrots and mash with a potato masher. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. To serve, spoon the carrot mash onto two warm plates. Cut the wild garlic pesto chicken into slices. Place the sliced chicken on top of the carrot mash and serve alongside the tenderstem broccoli and pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person