Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A creamy, comforting winter soup. Free-range chicken, buckwheat noodles, and warming ginger and turmeric in a nutty coconut broth. Garnished with fresh coriander and just the right amount of red chilli.
672 calories • 45g carbs • 31g fat • 55g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 300ml boiling water and stir in the peanut paste.
2. Peel and finely chop or finely grate the ginger. Cut the onion into bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken breasts, red onion and ginger on a baking tray with 1 tsp oil in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the onions have softened.
3. Trim the end of the pak choi and thinly slice. Thinly slice the red pepper. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Finely slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat).
4. Pour 500ml boiling water into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, theckwheat noodles with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, drain the noodles and rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
5. Heat the same saucepan on a medium heat and add the coconut milk, turmeric, vegetable stock with the peanut paste and half of the red chilli. Mix well and simmer gently for 5 mins to allow the ingredients to infuse. Then add the red pepper and pak choi and cook for a further 3 mins.
6. Pull the cooked chicken apart with two forks. Add the shredded chicken, roasted onion and ginger to the soup.
7. Spoon the buckwheat noodles into two warm bowls and top with the shredded chicken and peanut soup. Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and remaining chilli (to taste).
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person