Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Fragrant chicken thigh skewers marinated in fresh lemongrass and ginger on a bed of vegetable noodles, drizzled in a peanut sauce, packed with dietary fibre and protein.
625 calories • 53g carbs • 27g fat • 45g protein
1) Trim the lemongrass, remove the outer layer and finely chop. Peel and grate the ginger. Slice each chicken thigh in half lengthways to make two long strips (8 in total). In a bowl, add the lemongrass, ginger, half of the tamari, the chicken and 1/2 tbsp oil, stir and leave to marinate.
2) To make the vegetable noodles; peel the carrots and trim the ends of the carrots and cucumber. Using a peeler, thinly slice the carrots and cucumber into long thin strips. Thinly slice half of the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and finely chop the remaining half.
3) To make the peanut sauce; mix the peanut paste with 1-2 tbsp cold water, the maple and the remaining tamari to make a smooth sauce. Add the finely chopped chilli.
4) Thread each slice of chicken onto a skewer lengthways, weaving in and out of the skewer. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the chicken skewers for 10-15 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown.
5) Boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the buckwheat noodles and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water.
6) In a large bowl, add the vegetable noodles, buckwheat noodles, juice from the lime and half of the peanut sauce. Stir well to combine. Place the noodles in two bowls and top with the chicken skewers. Sprinkle over the chilli and drizzle over the remaining peanut sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person