Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A creamy spiced curry with tender chicken thighs, spinach, red pepper and organic jackfruit from Sri Lanka. The delicious red rice has a nuttier flavour than brown rice.
647 calories • 68g carbs • 25g fat • 41g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the red rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked.
2. Dice the brown onion and chop the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Peel and grate or finely chop the ginger.
3. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug with 250ml boiling water. Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
4. Heat a large pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 3 mins, then add the chicken thighs and cook for 4-5 mins each side until turning golden.
5. Stir in the the ginger, garam masala, turmeric, jackfruit and red pepper and cook for 2 mins. Add the creamed coconut and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to the pan and simmer with a lid on for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the jackfruit is tender (you can pull the jackfruit apart slightly with two forks). Add the spinach and the juice from half of the lime (to taste) to the pan in the last 2 mins of cooking.
6. Drain the red rice. Finely slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat).
7. Spoon the Indian chicken thigh and jackfruit curry with the red rice into two warm bowls and sprinkle over the sliced red chilli. Serve with the remaining half lime, cut into wedges.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person