The crunchy hazelnut topping makes a delicious partner to turkey, alongside cauliflower mash and a homemade cranberry sauce, high in antioxidants.
583 calories • 31g carbs • 27g fat • 54g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Boil a kettle.
2. To make the hazelnut crust; zest half of the lemon and roughly chop the hazelnuts. Into a bowl, place the lemon zest, chopped hazelnuts, ground hazelnuts and the leaves from half of the thyme sprigs. Mix with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
3. Place the turkey escalopes onto a baking tray and spread a thin layer of the hazelnut mix over the top. Place in the oven for 20 mins until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, trim the cauliflower and remove the leaves (reserve for later). Cut the cauliflower into small chunks. Place the florets in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 15-20 mins until soft, then drain and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the leaves from the remaining thyme sprigs.
5. Trim the purple sprouting broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Roughly slice the cauliflower leaves. Place both onto a separate baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins, until golden.
6. To make a cranberry sauce; in a saucepan, place the honey, cranberries and 150ml boiling water and simmer for 5 mins.
7. Thinly slice the hazelnut crusted turkey. Spoon the cauliflower mash onto two warm plates and top with the turkey and the cranberry sauce. Serve alongside the broccoli and cauliflower leaves.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person