Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This dish is a beautiful fusion of vibrant summer flavours. We serve harissa spiced chicken with fresh orange slices and cucumber ribbons. To balance the hot harissa, we've drizzled over a cooling turmeric, lemon and coconut sauce.
631 calories • 52g carbs • 25g fat • 52g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to create four thin fillets in total. Place the harissa paste in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Add the chicken fillets to this bowl and coat in the harissa.
2. Preheat a frying pan on a medium heat and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cut the ends off the baby cucumber. Using a peeler, slice the cucumber into long thin ribbons. Thinly slice the radishes. Peel and slice the orange into segments.
4. When the chicken has finished cooking, heat the same pan with 1 tsp oil, break up the quinoa in the pouch and add to the pan with 1 tbsp cold water and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 mins until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. To make a turmeric sauce; dissolve the creamed coconut in 30ml boiling water and mix in the ground turmeric, a generous pinch of the ground coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Place the watercress, spinach and rocket on two plates and top with the quinoa, cucumber ribbons, orange segments, sliced radishes and harissa chicken fillets. Drizzle over the turmeric sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person