Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Harissa and smoked paprika impart a Tunisian-inspired warmth to these pan-fried Cumbrian chicken breasts, which we serve with creamy avocado, sweet roasted squash and chopped mint.
520 calories • 40g carbs • 21g fat • 47g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Peel the butternut squash and cut into 2cm cubes. Place the squash on a baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, dice the red onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Carefully slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 thin fillets and place in a bowl with the harissa paste, half of the smoked paprika and a pinch of sea salt.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat. Add the 4 thin chicken fillets and cook for 4-5 mins each side until golden brown and cooked through, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
5. Add 1 tsp oil to the same pan on a medium heat, then add the red onion and garlic and cook for 3 mins. Stir in the spinach, remaining smoked paprika and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for a further 2 mins.
6. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly. Thinly slice the mint leaves.
7. Serve the roasted squash on two warm plates, top with the onion spinach mix and the chopped mint. Serve alongside the chicken fillets and sliced avocado. Squeeze over the juice from the half lemon, to taste.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person