Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This quick sesame and ginger stir-fry features free-range chicken, purple sprouting broccoli, red pepper, silky black noodles and crunchy peanuts. It’s saucy, fresh and ready in 15 minutes. The perfect weeknight dinner.
599 calories • 47g carbs • 24g fat • 53g protein
Peanuts, Sesame, Soya
1. Boil a kettle. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil on a medium-high heat, add the diced chicken, season with black pepper, cook for 8 mins until golden and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, prep the veg; thinly slice the red pepper, roughly chop the purple sprouting broccoli (including the stalks) and sugar snap peas into small bite-sized pieces. Cut the lime in half. Roughly slice the spring onion and tear the coriander leaves.
3. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the black rice noodles and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
4. Add the red pepper, broccoli and sugar snap peas to the chicken frying pan with the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil, cook for 3 mins until softening, stir. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop or grate the ginger and garlic.
5. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the coriander, tamari, juice from the half lime, half of the spring onions and the cooked noodles. Cook for a further minute until heated through, adding 4 tbsp of hot water to loosen the sauce.
6. Spoon the stir-fry into two warm bowls. Top with the remaining sliced spring onion, peanuts and squeeze over the remaining lime juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person