Succulent chicken stir-fried with carrot ribbons and crunchy shredded sprouts which are packed with vitamin A, C and K, and cooked in a delicious lime, honey and peanut sauce over black rice noodles.
590 calories • 67g carbs • 14g fat • 53g protein
1. Trim the sprouts, thinly slice and roughly chop. Using a peeler or julienne peeler, thinly slice the carrot into long thin strips. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the red chilli (removing the seeds for less heat).
2. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute, then add the chicken pieces for 7 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the black rice noodles with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 5 mins (stir often to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
5. To make the peanut sauce; in a bowl, mix the tamari, honey, juice from the lime, peanut paste and half of the chilli.
6. Add the sprouts and carrots to the pan with the chicken and fry for 3 mins. Add the cooked noodles to the pan with the chicken and vegetables and stir in the sauce, cook for 2 mins. Roughly tear the coriander leaves, then stir through half of these.
7. Spoon the peanut and chicken black rice noodles onto two warm plates and top with the remaining slices of chilli and coriander.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person