Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Succulent chicken in a creamy coconut yoghurt, mustard and tarragon sauce with roasted romanesco broccoli. Romanesco looks similar to a cauliflower but is vibrant bright green in colour.
564 calories • 45g carbs • 21g fat • 50g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
2. Cut the romanesco broccoli into small florets and place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until turning golden, turning halfway through.
3. Leaving the skin on, cut the baby white potatoes into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 20 mins until softened.
4. Finely dice the shallot and crush or finely chop the garlic. Roughly chop the tarragon leaves, discarding the stalks. Cut each chicken breast into 6 pieces. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and shallot for 2 mins, then add the chicken for 7 mins until turning golden, turning occasionally. Add the beef stock, coconut yoghurt, mustard, tarragon leaves and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
6. Drain the potatoes and roughly crush, season with sea salt.
7. Serve the crushed potatoes and roasted romanesco on two warm plates and spoon the creamy tarragon chicken alongside.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person