Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We poach our free-range chicken breast so it's nice and tender, then shred it and fold into a Mexican sauce laced with smoky chipotle. Served with a baked sweet potato and indulgent guacamole.
583 calories • 54g carbs • 21g fat • 47g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
2. Cut the sweet potato in half lengthways and put in a saucepan, cover with boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then carefully remove from the water and place on a baking tray, rub each half with 1 tsp oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins until softened.
3. Dissolve half of the vegetable stock cube in 500ml boiling water, pour into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, ensuring they are covered in stock (add more boiling water if needed). Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the saucepan. With two forks shred the poached chicken into small pieces. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the pulled chicken, dried oregano, passata and the chipotle paste. Crumble in the remaining half stock cube. Stir well and cook for 5-10 mins.
5. To make the guacamole; peel and de-stone the avocado, and roughly chop. Finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and thinly slice the spring onions. Mix the avocado and red chilli with half of the spring onion and the juice from the lime.
6. To serve, spoon the chipotle chicken onto two warm plates alongside the guacamole and sweet potato. Sprinkle over the remaining spring onion.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person