Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This traditional warming Italian chicken dish is infused with fresh fragrant rosemary and packed with black olives and tangy sundried tomatoes alongside sweet potato mash.
504 calories • 49g carbs • 14g fat • 48g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Thinly slice the red onion. Roughly tear the kale and roughly chop the rosemary (discarding the stalks).
3. Slice each chicken breast into 3 pieces.
4. Place the sweet potato in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for 10 mins until softened. Drain, mash and season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 mins each side, then add the onion for 3 mins.
6. Add the passata, vegetable stock, sundried tomatoes, black olives, kale and rosemary to the pan and simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Season with black pepper.
7. Spoon the chicken cacciatore into two warm bowls, alongside the sweet potato mash.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person