Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Spicy slices of jerk chicken breast with a charred sweetcorn & lime salsa stirred through creamy avocado and crisp gem lettuce. The sweet heritage tomatoes add a splash of vibrant colour and mouth watering crunch to this dish.
499 calories • 22g carbs • 27g fat • 47g protein
1. Place the chicken breasts in a bowl with 2/3 of the jerk seasoning, a pinch of sea salt and 1/2 tbsp oil and mix well.
2. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts for 8-10 mins each side or until cooked through and the juices run clear. In the last 5 mins of the chicken cooking, drain the sweetcorn and add to the pan and cook until turning golden and chargrilled.
3. Meanwhile, thinly slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and finely slice the radishes. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice.
4. To make the sweetcorn salsa; place the chargrilled sweetcorn in a bowl with the spring onions, the juice from the lime, remaining jerk seasoning and 1/2 tbsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Roughly chop the gem lettuce, removing the root end and place in a bowl with the heritage tomatoes, avocado, radishes and half of the sweetcorn salsa. Toss gently and spoon out onto two plates.
6. Thinly slice the chicken breasts and place over the salad and spoon over the remaining sweetcorn salsa.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person