Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A juicy steak topped with a tangy salsa verde, crispy parsnip fries, and served alongside juicy roasted cherry tomatoes.
518 calories • 38g carbs • 24g fat • 38g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Peel and cut the parsnips into very thin fries, 1/2 cm thick. Place these in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt, the dried oregano and 1/2 tbsp olive oil, toss to coat and spread out onto a baking tray. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through, until golden and crispy.
3. In the last 5 mins of the parsnips cooking, place the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray in the oven for the remaining 5 mins.
4. Meanwhile, to make the salsa verde; finely chop the garlic, parsley, mint leaves and capers. Mix together in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp oil and the juice from the lemon. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Rub the steaks with 1 tbsp oil and season. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest for a few mins.
6. Serve the steak on two warm plates alongside the shoestring fries and roasted cherry tomatoes. Spoon over the the salsa verde.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person