Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Succulent steak strips layered over artichoke hearts, roasted peppers and tenderstem broccoli, drizzled in a warm tomato and caper dressing.
472 calories • 20g carbs • 27g fat • 40g protein
1. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Slice the roasted yellow pepper into long strips. Cut the artichokes into quarters.
2. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the tenderstem broccoli for 5 mins, then add the roasted peppers and artichokes for 3 mins. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, finely dice the shallot. Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes.
4. Heat a separate frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat. Season the steaks on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove from the pan and leave to rest while you make the dressing.
5. To make the warm dressing; in the same frying pan that the vegetables were in, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the shallot for 3 mins, then add the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and capers and cook for 3 mins. Add a little water to thin the dressing if preferred.
6. Thinly slice the steaks.
7. Arrange the rocket on two warm plates, top with the tenderstem broccoli, yellow pepper, artichokes and steak strips. Spoon over the warm dressing and sprinkle over the pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person