Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We were inspired by Korean Bibimbap when we designed this rice bowl, layered with slices of tender flat iron steak, pickled grated carrot and crunchy roasted broccoli. Drizzled in a warm sesame sauce.
617 calories • 54g carbs • 28g fat • 41g protein
Sesame, Soya, Sulphites
1. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the broccoli and season with a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 3-4 mins, turning occasionally until tender, then transfer to a large plate, cover and keep warm.
2. Season the steak with black pepper on both sides. Heat a second frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil on a medium heat. Cook the steaks until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Turn off the heat, remove the steak from the pan and rest on the same plate as the broccoli and cover. Reserve this pan for later.
3. Meanwhile, heat the same pan that the broccoli was cooked in, then add the rice, half of the sesame oil, half of the black sesame seeds and 3 tbsp cold water. Cook for 5 mins until hot, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
4. To make a chilli dressing; into a small mixing bowl add the tamari, remaining sesame oil, honey and 3 tbsp cold water. Peel and finely chop the ginger, garlic and the half red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Mix all these ingredients together then pour this dressing into the steak pan along with any steak juices from the plate and simmer for 3-4 mins.
5. Leaving the skin on, grate the carrot, add to a bowl and pour over the rice wine vinegar, mix together.
6. Return the steak to the pan and coat in the warm dressing then slice.
7. Spoon the rice in two warm bowls, top with the steak and serve the pickled carrot and broccoli alongside. Drizzle over the chilli dressing and sprinkle with the remaining black sesame seeds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person