We've created a smoky steak rub with paprika, garlic and ground coffee to give the beef a deep rich flavour. Coffee is an excellent source of antioxidants, B vitamins, potassium and manganese.
548 calories • 51g carbs • 22g fat • 37g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. To make the steak rub; mix together the ground coffee with the smoked paprika, dried garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Rub this mix on the steaks and leave to marinate until needed.
3. Cut the sweet potato into thin wedges (leaving the skin on), toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
4. Preheat a frying pan to a medium-high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest for a few mins.
5. Thinly slice the radishes.
6. To make a dressing; in a medium bowl, mix or whisk together the Dijon mustard with the apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Season with black pepper. Place the radishes and mixed leaves into the bowl and mix with the dressing.
7. Thinly slice the steaks and serve on two warm plates, alongside the sweet potato wedges and radish salad.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person