Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We've created a smoky rub with paprika, garlic and ground coffee to enhance this flat iron steak's deep rich flavour. Served with sweet potato wedges and a bistro-style salad with crunchy sliced radishes.
548 calories • 51g carbs • 22g fat • 37g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. To make the steak rub; mix together the ground coffee with the smoked paprika, dried garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Rub this mix on the steaks and leave to marinate until needed.
3. Leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato into thin wedges, toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
4. Preheat a frying pan to a medium-high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest for a few mins.
5. Thinly slice the radishes.
6. To make a dressing; in a medium bowl, mix or whisk together the Dijon mustard with the apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Season with black pepper. Place the radishes and mixed leaves into the bowl and mix with the dressing.
7. Thinly slice the steaks and serve on two warm plates, alongside the sweet potato wedges and radish salad.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person