Succulent beef skewers are drizzled in a parsley, coriander and garlic dressing with mustard infused cauliflower mash. One serving of cauliflower contains 77% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C.
538 calories • 20g carbs • 30g fat • 42g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and reserve for later. Cut the cauliflower into 2-3cm pieces and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water. Simmer for 20 mins with a lid on, then drain, mash and season. Stir in the mustard and keep warm.
3. Slice the red onion thinly, roughly chop the kale and discard any thick stalks from the cauliflower leaves. Place the onion, tomatoes and cauliflower leaves on a baking tray with 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 10 mins. Then add the kale to the baking tray, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and place back in the oven for 5 mins until the kale is crispy.
4. Cut each beef steak into 8 pieces and thread 4 pieces of the beef onto each skewer. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the beef skewers for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked. Leave to rest for a few minutes.
6. Meanwhile, to make the herby dressing; finely chop the parsley, coriander leaves and garlic and mix together with the red wine vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil.
7. Spoon the cauliflower mash onto two warm plates alongside the roasted vegetables. Top with the beef skewers and drizzle over the herby dressing.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person