Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This hearty ragù is made by simmering grass-fed Yorkshire heritage beef in Italian tomato passata with sun-dried tomato paste and chestnut mushrooms. Served on hearty sweet potato mash with a sprinkling of pine nuts.
566 calories • 48g carbs • 25g fat • 41g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
2. Roughly chop the red pepper and finely slice the mushrooms.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the beef mince for 8 mins until golden brown. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 10 mins until softened.
5. Add the red pepper and mushrooms to the beef for 5 mins, then add the passata, sundried tomato paste, beef stock and Italian herbs. Simmer for 10 mins, then stir through the spinach.
6. Drain the sweet potato and mash with a potato masher. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
7. Serve the sweet potato mash on two warm plates and spoon over the rich beef bolognese. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person